|Job Title:||Clinical Content Specialist|
CHP Home Office
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, OH 45202
|The Clinical Content Specialist is the primary liaison between the CHP CarePATH (EPIC Orders) Team, Medical and Nursing Informatics Committee Members, and end users, including Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, and other care providers. This position would focus on support of research being completed in CHP Regions. This person and will also support the development and maintenance of CHP’s CarePATH (EPIC Orders) Model Content and ensures standardization of clinical content of at least 85%. With the focus on the best patient care and safety, the ability to build consensus and handle stressful situations while building a standardized technical system is needed.
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Catholic Health Partners, which are: Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life and Service.
• Understanding the databases required for implementation and maintenance of CarePATH Inpatient Orders DataBase, Zynx DataBase, and Up-To-Date with strong documentation skills are needed.
• Coordinates calls with physicians in all regions to drive consensus on individual Order Sets.
• Focus on the support of research being completed in CHP regions.
• Clinical Content – Coordinates logistics and committee support for developing and on-going maintenance of CHP’s CarePATH clinical content.
• Provides logistical support and coordination of committees including system level conference calls, web based meetings and face-to-face meetings as appropriate.
• Coordinate input and feedback from subject matter experts as appropriate.
• Facilitate review and triage requested system changes of CarePATH Orders clinical content and bring forth requests to subject matter experts and committees as appropriate.
• Ensure clinical content is consistent with evidence based practices and national consensus guidelines.
• Ensure clinical content is reviewed and updated through a regular scheduled review process.
• Understand workflows and impact of decisions in areas of focus. Coordinate with clinical staff to validate impact of decisions and maintain efficiency.
• Develops solutions and alternatives to problems. Facilitates consensus.
• Coordinates application enhancements by identifying needs, analyzing benefits, identifying process changes and impact of enhancements. Communicates requirements to application vendor or internal development staff as appropriate.
• Assists with the development of training content and appropriate training data.
• Coordinate Clinical Content Team activities with all Epic applications (ie. Willow, etc.)
• Participate and support facility go-lives.
• Document all processes and procedures as appropriate
• Communicate outstanding issues and status updates through appropriate channels, escalating unresolved issues when necessary. .
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|• Bachelor’s Degree, RN preferred.
• Five to seven years of experience in related field.
• EPIC experience is preferred; CHP will certify the right candidate in EPIC Orders.
• Estimated travel is about 30%; during go-lives travel will be about 80%.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization are essential.
• Sound analytical skills necessary for decisions and recommendations based on data analysis.
• Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; presentation skills are needed.
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects is essential.
• This person must be a team player and able to work across multiple hospitals and disciplines with the ability to drive physicians and other users to consensus.
• Positive change management and communication with end users to ensure their acceptance of the application.
• This person must have a positive attitude, the ability to motivate others, be detail-oriented, as well as the ability to handle criticism and stressful situations around technology and change.
• Effective interaction with physicians and their staff, vendors, consultants and external consultants of CHP is necessary.
• Detailed understanding of hospital workflows is necessary; this person must understand the impact of decisions on facility efficiency.
|Apply on-line for this job|
Join Our Team