|Job Title:||Staff Accountant|
CHP Home Office (Blue Ash, OH)
4600 McAuley Place
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Catholic Health Partners (CHP) – the parent of Mercy Health - is the largest health system—and the fourth largest employer—in Ohio and one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the nation. CHP has also been recognized as one of the “Best Employers in Ohio” and named a “Best Place to Work” by the Cincinnati Business Courier. At CHP, we work hard to provide an outstanding work environment for our associates. Whether they are caring for patients or working in a non-clinical role, our associates demonstrate who we are as an organization. They bring to life CHP’s mission and the caring, healing tradition of the religious sisters who founded our health system.
Staff accountants report to the Accounting Managers and are responsible for providing accounting and financial support to ensure adequate internal controls and efficiency of procedures and processes within the Accounting department, which ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and accounting.
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Catholic Healthcare Partners which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Mercy, Sacredness of Life and Service.
- Staff Accountants are the primary support for Accounting Manager in month-end closes and account analysis. Responsible for preparation of detail account analysis, journal entries, G/L account reconciliations, account roll- forwards, budget vs. actual analysis, system balancing and all other tasks required to close month-end on a timely basis and maintain G/L account integrity.
- Ability to engage peers and unit operating managers where appropriate in gathering, reporting and explaining substance of business transactions as it relates to the analysis within their work plan.
- Primary support for Accounting Manager in financial statement audits, including preparation of detail audit schedules (monthly and at year-end) and analysis in accordance with the established time frames determined by Supervisor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of core financial systems including, but not limited to Hyperion (consolidation tool), general ledger, GL report writer and budgeting software.
- Must be able to demonstrate active knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in daily execution of accounting functions and tasks.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget as directed by Supervisor. Duties to include processing/review of data input for reasonableness and accuracy with respect to prior year, current budget and trends.
- Provide back-up to other Staff Accountants, as needed
|- 3-5 years progressively responsible accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel with graphics, PowerPoint and Word
- Must have financial reporting experience including exposure to full set of Financial Statements and all aspect of GL accounting; exposure to AP and Payroll a plus
- Must have exceptional analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated, capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing priorities, and effectively manage deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the executive team, colleagues, and subordinates
- Strong communication skills
- Solid business acumen
- Prior experience in Health Care/Managed Care or insurance industry preferred
- CPA and/or MBA and/or HMFA certification preferred
- Associate Degree; BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, preferred
|Apply on-line for this job|
Join Our Team