|Job Title:||Application Coordinator - Clarity Inpatient Report Writer|
CHP Home Office
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, OH 45202
|This Clarity Application Coordinator (AC) is responsible for achieving in-depth knowledge of multiple components of the Epic application suite, focusing on but not necessarily limited to inpatient functionality. The main tools of this position are Epic’s Clarity (off-line, longitudinal) reporting platform, as well as the Crystal Reports and Business Objects suite. Some other reporting tools & skills may be required (e.g. SQL, other BI tools, etc.).
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Catholic Health Partners, which are: Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life and Service.
• The Clarity AC conducts regular day-to-day communication with the installation & support teams, review the software, analyze business operations, and work with vendor, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end users to develop standard, custom, and ad-hoc reports to meet constituent needs. This may entail in-depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of software application.
• The Application Coordinators are the primary support contacts and coordinate all questions and issues that arise for their application area.
• They analyze and provide specifications for individual reports and then write individual reports based on the detailed specifications collected earlier. This role is responsible for the following tasks:
• Meeting with report constituents to understand their reporting needs.
• Creating an inventory of existing and needed reports.
• Identifying and validating the appropriate technological solution for various reporting needs.
• Creating design specifications for new reports.
• Creating new reports
• Modifying existing reports, as necessary.
• Establishing change control procedures for the system.
• Populating databases for which they are the owner during the initial system build, with assistance from vendor staff.
• Troubleshooting problems or questions from users.
• Prioritizing and implementing changes requested for the system.
• Coordinating software updates and changes with users.
• Thoroughly reviewing and testing each new release and communicating needed changes to vendor before users are permitted to access the new release.
• Working with users on the sharing of data, category lists, etc.
• Understanding choices in application specifications.
• Analyzing data conversion needs.
• Preparing details of specifications as needed.
• Developing and documenting internal procedures.
• Aiding trainers during user training.
• Collecting information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
• Maintaining rules for how each new version is released.
• Analyzing new functionality in new releases to determine whether or how it should be used.
• If interfaces and conversions will be critical in the implementation, the Application Coordinator will need to ensure that data interfacing into their respective applications meets business needs – both for ongoing interfaces and one-time data conversions.
|• EPIC Inpatient Clarity Report Writer Certification preferred. Certification required within 3 months from start date.
• Undergraduate degree in technical or healthcare field preferred.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a healthcare related organization, or 5 years in non-healthcare.
• Comfort with relational database concepts.
• Proficiency with report writing tools.
• Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure (this can be acquired via training as part of the implementation process).
• Ability to learn data model in depth and to determine data structures/additions that would benefit the reporting environment as a whole.
• Strong communication abilities.
• Critical thinking and an analytical mind.
• Prior experience working with an EMR system is desirable.
• Must be flexible, adaptable, resourceful, and responsive.
|Apply on-line for this job|
Join Our Team