|Job Title:||Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Formulary Management|
1001 Lakeside Ave
Cleveland, OH 44114
|Department:||HealthSpan Integrated Care|
|Clinical Pharmacy Specialists – Formulary Management- works to provide formulary management, pharmacy benefits, and drug utilization management support to the pharmacy department. Clinical Pharmacy Specialists will optimize drug therapy outcomes by providing high quality, cost-effective health care; influencing prescribing behaviors; identifying, preventing and resolving drug-related problems; and educating health care personnel regarding drug therapy. This position will spend time coordinating drug utilization projects and reports supporting the P&T Committee. Additionally, this position will administer, monitor, processes, interprets, and reports on utilization information related to drug benefits related to drug benefits including Medicare Part D and HealthCare Exchange / Qualified Health Plan benefits requirements. Must be highly motivated and have exceptional time and project management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Utilization Project Management: Assist in the coordination and implementation of drug use initiatives to support regional code and promote quality, cost effective drug therapy. Track and report utilization of targeted medications and medication classes and evaluate impact and prescribing practices. Must be fluent in Microsoft programs including MS Excel, Access, and databases
• Formulary Management: Support drug formulary management including development of evidence based criteria to evaluate requests for drug coverage in conjunction with physician chiefs and the P & T committee. Develop formulary recommendations and guidelines in conjunction with medical staff and present to the P & T committee. Communicate and implement formulary decisions throughout the organization. Present evaluations and recommendations to the P&T Committee and communicate and implement formulary decisions
• Supports the benefits development, rollout, and implementation of new pharmacy benefits. Serves as a subject matter expert for the drug benefits and relevant medical benefits responding to inquiries on benefit questions. Provides drug knowledge support for the Pharmacy Benefits Analysts
• Keeps up to date on new FDA approved medications and/or indications, the pharmacy drug benefits and the regulations and guidance governing the benefits
• Manages the formulary database and submissions in compliance with CMS timeline notifications and does monthly HPMS uploads for Medicare Part D Formulary
• Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy with PharmD (or B.S. with equivalent clinical experience)
• 1 year of clinical pharmacy experience (preferably to include managed care) OR 1 year as a pharmacist with specialized experience in pharmacy benefits or relevant experience.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other health care providers
• Must be highly motivated and have exceptional time and project management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Pharmacist
• Experience preferred in managed care, pharmacy benefits, or formulary management
Locations: Parma /Brooklyn Hts
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30am -5:00pm
|Apply on-line for this job|
Join Our Team