A) Rotation Areas: Rotations are completed at the market and facility level.
I) Sample core rotations: Operations, finance, strategic planning, human resources, support services, mission services, quality and patient safety.
II) Sample elective rotations: Risk management, corporate compliance, managed care, legal services, pharmacy, material management, supply chain, patient satisfaction, physician relations, etc.
B) Rotation Schedule: Rotation schedules are tailored to the market, facility and fellow preferences.
I) Projects/activities: Listed below are examples of the types of projects completed by fellows:
- Developing a business plan for new service, consolidation and expansion projects
- Financial analysis and Proforma development
- Operational excellence and process improvement
- Lean/Six Sigma projects
- Employee engagement
- Patient satisfaction improvement
- Diversity projects
- Community benefit
- Service line profit-loss evaluation
- Interim or assistant directorship and administration of service line or department
- Medical staff structure, compensation and physician affiliation projects
- Joint venture and practice acquisition projects
- Information system and clinical integration projects
C) Leadership Engagement: Listed below are some of the teams and committees in which fellows participate:
- Executive leadership team
- Operation leadership team
- Strategic leadership team
- Leadership rounding
- Teams and committees: diversity, community benefit, fit team, quality, patient safety, patient satisfaction, physician council and performance improvement
D) Leadership Development & Mentoring: Listed below are some of the leadership development and mentoring programs offered to fellows:
- Market leadership mentoring programs
- Market leadership academy and university
- Staff development institute
- Leadership development institute
E) Training: Below are a few of the training opportunities available to fellows:
- Six Sigma
- Project Management